Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Buxom Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette: Review and Swatches

Hello!

My birthday was at the end of June and my best friend got me an amazing gift! I told her to surprise me and she definitely did! She bought me the new Buxom Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette and picked out 6 shadows she thought I'd like. First of all, this is the most expensive palette I own now. Secondly, she did a perfect job at picking out colors for me!

Here it is in all of it's glory:




The case is a hard plastic and it has a removable insert to put in the 6 shadows of your choice, which snaps back into place. It has a high quality, decent-size mirror and a double ended mini eyeshadow brush (which is actually not that bad!)

Here are Buxom's claims: "Featuring primer-infused technology to help keep color locked in place, Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Eyeshadows have a powerfully-pigmented formula that glides onto lids—delivering intense payoff with an ultra-luxe, powder-to-silk feel."
After using these shadows for about a month I can honestly say that I completely agree with this description. I have used these without a separate primer and they have lasted all day without giving me an oily crease. The shadows themselves are pretty hard, but once on your skin they blend beautifully, giving that silky feel. All of my colors are very pigmented as well.

Now here are swatches of each individual color:

First up is Satin Seduction, a peachy-champagne color.

This one I use all over my eyelid and brow-bone as a base/highlight. I use it almost every day.

Next is 24 KT Stilettos, a very shimmery yellow-gold.

I haven't used this one yet but it is so pigmented and silky, I love it!

Here is Haute Couture, a cool-toned shimmery brown.

This one is great for the outer V, or placing right underneath the waterline for depth.

Next is Patent Leather, a super glittery silver-purple.

Very glittery, very beautiful. 

Then there's VIP, a pretty much matte magenta-purple.

This has very sparse shimmer in it that doesn't show up much when swatched. It looks more matte than anything else. It also is the chalkiest eyeshadow of the bunch; it is initially very powdery but blends out very nicely. A great "radiant orchid" shadow.

Last is Backstage Pass, a cool-toned dark pearlized denim-blue.

This is my favorite, hands down. I've been looking for a pigmented deep blue that looks almost navy. I love how this looks; even just adding a little in the outer corner looks gorgeous.

Here are all 6 swatches:

As you can see, I love these shadows and highly recommend them. If you pick up the empty palette along with 6 shadows it ends up being much cheaper than buying shadows separately.

What a great gift!

XOXO,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment