Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas Gift Review: Jane Cosmetics Water Resistant Liquid Eyeliner in Golden Black

I had an amazon wishlist chock full of make-up and beauty items at budget friendly prices all set up for Christmas. My lovely mother and sister decided to buy me a bunch of things from that list that I will be reviewing or giving my first impressions on throughout the month. One item I was super excited about was the Jane Cosmetics Water Resistant Liquid Eyeliner in Golden Black ($8). I saw CoffeeBreakWithDani on YouTube review this months ago and have scrounged my Ulta for it but, every time I went, the Golden Black ones were opened and used. So, I finally received it for Christmas and immediately wore it for party looks. The brush is a super fine tip and, honestly, one of the easiest liquid eyeliner brushes I have ever used. Because it's so thin it goes right up against your lash line and I was able to create basically perfect wings with them. And the COLOR. It's black but with a crazy amount of gold shimmer that catches the light beautifully. Once it dries it stays in place until I take off my makeup with makeup remover. It may be the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried.

 For my Christmas Day look I did the thinest, most subtle flick I could with the eyeliner and it looked beautiful up close and from far away. You can see the shimmer in the sunlight and in the regular room lighting.
 For the rest of my makeup I used my Loreal True Match Foundation in W2 and W3 with my Rimmel Stay Matte face powder, my That's Heart Palette for the shadow (I mixed the aqua and black-brown), highlighter, and the blush, and used my new Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie on my lips (review coming soon). Mascara was my Makeupforever Smoky Extravagant sample.

 See how perfectly it flicks out?!?!
 For this look I wanted the shimmer and wing to stand out more. It was so easy and perfect, I was shocked. Face and mascara are the same, eyeshadow is just a mix of beige and highlighter. Lips are Wet N Wild Pink with Blue Pearl lipstick (review coming soon).
I think I may buy some other colors of this liquid eyeliner next time I go to Ulta. I love Jane's pencil eyeliners as well, I always use them on my waterline and tightline and I prefer it over the more expensive Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil. Jane Cosmetics may not be a popular brand, but it should be. 

XO Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment