Sunday, January 18, 2015

My First Colourpop Eyeshadows!!!!

For Christmas I asked for one thing: Colourpop Cosmetics. One of my friends delivered and got me this cute Christmas set. I think the colors were limited edition so they didn't sell them separately. But they may be back later, I know they just released the black one as a single shadow as part of their new matte shade collection. 

The set she got me is called Nix the Nice and has 4 full sized eye shadow colors: Glitterati, Hot Totty, La La, and Roulette. Here's some info from the back of the box on each of the colors: 



Super cute packaging!

Here are the 4 colors:


Extra shot just to show the shimmer in these two:
The colors are super creamy. They are powder but they are so smooth and buttery they feel like cream shadows. They are extremely pigmented and are best applied using your finger to get full opacity.
From L-R: Roulette, Hot Totty, Glitterati, La La


First I have Glitterati: a gorgeous white metallic with gold shimmer. I think this looks great as a highlight or layered over the black.
Next is La La: a copper "ultrametallic" which is probably the smoothest out of the four.
Next I have Hot Totty: a pink-red pressed pigment with some pink sparkle in it. In different light this shows more red or more pink.
Last is Roulette: This is Colourpop's first matte black and is the only one available out of this set. It is truly matte and can be built up.
This is the look I did for New Years...I honestly don't even remember the other makeup I used because the star of the show were my Colourpop eyes.

Dat side-eye
I did a sandwich look with black on both inner and outer edges of the lid and put Glitterati just on the center of my lid over the black. I used a matte cream shade to blend out the black. I used scotch tape to prevent a mess from happening and to keep a precise line. I LOVED it! I will definitely be purchasing more of their eyeshadows (and hopefully snag a few lippies too) in the near future. Each is just $5! That's less than a Maybelline Color Tattoo at the drugstore.
XO Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment