Saturday, November 8, 2014

Current Favorite: Fall Lip 2014

I am a huge fan of bold lips so fall lip colors tend to be my favorite because they are dark and sexy! Here are the ones I've been wearing a lot:


(I don't have a fancy camera or lighting or anything so excuse the low quality) Here we have 7 lip products of various finishes that are great for the fall. I have a bunch of other fall colors I own but these are the ones I've been reaching for the most lately.


Here are my bare lips with some chapstick on. Not in the best condition but I really wanted to get this post up. Also please excuse the face demons, it's that time of the month.

***


First up is Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. This is something I repurchase every year once I use it up. It is just so easy to wear and feels so good on my lips. It gives a subtle wash of color so I don't look dead and can be layered a bit to make it look darker. I just keep this in my bag to throw on whenever. 


***


This was an impulse buy from Ulta last month. I've been really wanting a dark lipstick and I saw this and fell in love. It's the NYX Simply Vamp Lip Creme in Enamored. It's this brown toned plum color that has a purple iridescence to it. From afar is looks purple-ish black. It applies very softly and smoothly and it feels like nothing is even on my lips. 


***


 Favorite lip color of life right here. I've been searching for a good cranberry color and casually came across this in CVS a few weeks back. It's the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss lipstick in 107. This is a light application I'm wearing, which is what I'll do for daytime looks. At night I use a couple more layers of this and it becomes a dark, rich cranberry color. Also this lipstick smells so good. I don't know if it's cranberry, strawberry, or watermelon scented but it's fruity and delicious. The other Kate Moss lipsticks, the ones in the black tube, kinda smell like clay so this was a nice surprise. In the picture it looks more satin than matte but it person it looks matte. It's not drying but not moisturizing either.


***


 My go to work-appropriate lipstick. I got this tiny thing as a birthday gift from Sephora. It's the MUFE Rouge Artist Natural 09. It's definitely a my-lips-but-better color. It doesn't last too long but it feels very comfortable on the lips, almost like a balm.


***


Ah. Wet and Wild Cherry Bomb. My first dark lipstick. It can be dry and patchy but I usually just pat it on my lips lightly and wear it with a lip balm. This is another that can be made darker with more layers. It also lasts really long on me.


***

This is Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten. I love this pink. It's bright and sultry at the same time. And it really is a balm and a stain. I love the stain it leaves behind and this is so easy to reapply throughout the day and night. It's gotten quite a lot of action in my purse, hence the barely there label. This has a slight minty scent that goes away in 2 seconds and it feels very moisturizing. 


***


After watching so many beauty vloggers rave about the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains, I had to buy one. I bought the darkest color of the bunch because I've been so into vampy colors lately and I swear to you I wear this almost every other day. It's build-able, unscented, comfortable, and gorgeous on. The bottom lip looks patchy but I swear that's just because I've been abusing my lips with this post, haha. The color is Parisian Passion and it doesn't actually leave much of a stain on me but I love it anyway.

***

And here are some arm swatches with light coming from my window. From L-R: Revlon Moisture Stain, NYX Lip Cream, Revlon Balm Stain, Rimmel by Kate, Wet and Wild, MakeUp ForEver, and Burt's Bees.

I hope you enjoy this post, I really liked making it for you. Let me know what you liked or didn't like/things you've tried or want to try for the fall. Thanks for reading!

XO Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment