Friday, November 14, 2014

Hair Product Review: Not Your Mother's Knotty to Nice Detangling Spray


Last month I made a completely unnecessary and yet totally unavoidable trip to Ulta. The nearest one is about 45 minutes from me so I don't go often. But when I do, I tend to buy more things than I actually need. All I wanted to buy hair product-wise was some Batiste dry shampoo (great stuff by the way; if you've never tried it, I highly recommend it). Anyway, I had heard good things about the "Not Your Mother's" brand and wanted to try something out. I chose a detangler because I have medium-length, super thick, curly/wavy hair that is a pain to brush after showering. 

As a detangler, this works but not as well as I had hoped- I wanted no knots left. There are definitely less knots and it's easier to manage, but I still have to work through a few rough knots. But I have noticed after a month of use how healthy and thick my hair feels. I don't wash my hair everyday so I was afraid this would make my hair greasy but it does the opposite: it keeps it very soft. I also have an issue with frizz and I've noticed that has decreased as well. 

I usually put a leave-in conditioner or smoothing milk in my hair after the shower but sometimes, when I'm in a rush in the morning, I only need a few sprays of this and my hair looks just as good throughout the day as it would with the conditioner or smoothing milk. It has a nice, fruity smell to it as well.

The key ingredient in this spray is the keratin protein. Keratin is a natural protein in your hair that can get stripped away by harsh chemicals, sun, heat, etc. The tips of my hair have been dyed for about a year and are very dry but I love the color so I don't want to chop it off. This spray restores the keratin back to my hair that was lost. Keratin leaves hair flexible, soft, healthy, and strong- all things I have noticed as I've been using this product. 

I have been wanting to try a keratin infused spray product for months but the one I wanted (It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin) is $20 for 4oz. I didn't realize when buying this detangling spray that it would do the things that the more expensive spray does for a fraction of the cost. But I am so happy it does! I believe I spent around $6 for 6oz. 

I want to try some more keratin infused products as well as some more Not Your Mother's products. I give this a 9/10!

XO Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment