Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gift With Purchase Review: Sephora Bright Night Out

Last week my friend told me about Sephora giving a free gift with purchase for Beauty Insiders after spending $25 (online only). I bought the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser for $20 and a Nails Inc. Polish that was on sale for $5. I've been wanting both of those items for a few months now so I figured this gift with purchase (GWP) bag would be a good idea. I got my items including the "Bright Night Out" GWP (there were 2 other GWPs you could choose from) yesterday and I am beyond happy to share with you my thoughts on the sample products and makeup bag that were included:

 The makeup bag: pretty small but I love the color and I'm going to use this to store all of my samples I get when I online shop!
 The giveaways: Pharrell Williams GIRL perfume sample and Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Kissability. I know I won't really reach for these since I don't wear gloss often and already have a bunch of perfume samples, so these are going to be stocking stuffers for a friend or family member.
 Chloe Eau De Parfum: I've been wanting to try Chloe for so long because I love the way it smells at the store. I don't wear perfume often because I break out in hives if fragrance touches my face. I tend to go for lighter scents to spray on my body for special occasions. So this is actually a nice size for me since I already own so many mini/sample size perfumes.


 Lancome HYPNOSE Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara: I love Lancome's mascara samples and this one has such an interesting applicator. It's a slightly twisted bristle brush. This is in Excessive Black.
 Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer: Now, I'm all about my $1 ELF shadow primer, but I figured I would give this one a whirl. It's a pretty decent size for a sample as well.
 Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil: I've been wanting to try this for so long and I'm happy it's in the color Black Velvet! I have watery eyes so my eyeliner tends to go from my waterline to under my eye pretty quickly.
 Philosophy Loveswept Body Lotion. Great size for travel and a soft, light, perfume scent.
 Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette: This is the reason I picked this GWP over the other 2 options. I've been wanting this product in A-Go-Go and Bauhau5 for so long but didn't know if the super matte formula was worth the money or looked good on my lips. Finally I get to test it out.
 Here's my naked face with some Maybelline Babyskin primer (~$6)
 Then some of that Smashbox Photo Finish eye primer (full size: $20, GWP size: free)
 I used the shimmery mauve shade and highlight shade from my Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette (Limited Edition- no longer available but I think it was around $36 when I bought it) on my eye lids
 Added some of that UD 24/7 eye pencil to my tightline and waterline (full size: $20, GWP size: free)
 Then 1 coat of the Lancome mascara (which was amazing, by the way, just compare this to the before picture above) (full size: $27.50, GWP: free)
 Then my normal face routine: Loreal True Match in W2 and W3, mixed together (~$8)


 My favorite setting powder and brush combo: EcoTools Buffing Brush ($6.99) and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($3.99)
 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser ($6.99) for my under eyes and any other red spots on my face.
 Aw yiss!
 Favorite everyday blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso (~$8)
 I adore this blush for fall/winter! It gives the perfect color to my cheeks!


 Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette: Unscented, gorgeous reddish-pink, and truly matte. I put some chapstick on first to make sure there wouldn't be any application problems. The one thing I did notice is the tackiness of the lipstick after it dries. Not sticky, just slightly tacky, like the back of scotch tape. (Full size: $19, GWP: free)
 Finished look! After this I put on a shirt and did my hair. I babysat for a couple of hours and then came back home and had dinner:
The makeup stayed put! After eating chicken, broccoli, and ice cream for dessert of course there was some fading and smudging of lipstick. But the lasting power impressed me! It didn't leave a stain on the glass when I drank water and the color is still vivid enough where I didn't feel like a re-application was necessary. Also, the mascara kept it's curl and nothing leaked around my eyes.

All in all I think this was a great set of samples that will probably last me quite a while since I have a lot of makeup. Mini things are just adorable anyway. Hope you liked this very detailed post!

XO Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment